About Our Club
Greenslopes Bowls Club has a long history in the Greenslopes community. The Club was founded in 1958 by volunteers in order to develop a social and sporting hub for the local community. Throughout the years, the club has seen many extensions and transformations, culminating in the most recent evolution to officially becoming a Bowls & Community Club, taking on the name, Club Greenslopes.
About Our Function Spaces
We have number of flexible function spaces available to suit your style, budget and personal needs. We can cater for weddings, engagement parties, birthday celebrations and general social occasions, and have a capacity to host up to 500 guests.
Our main function areas are listed as follows:
- Fits up to 200 people,
- Large hall with timber floors ideal for dancing,
- Fully air-conditioned,
- Stage area and audio equipment (plug in your laptop or ipod),
- Chairs and long tables,
- Access to bar & grill service,
- Multiple access doors to verandah,
- Dimensions: 260 sq. m (24.6m long x 10.6m wide).
- Ideal for casual, cocktail-style functions,
- Wide, partially covered verandah alongside function hall,
- Outdoor seating,
- Separate smoking area,
- Dimensions: 100 sq. m (27.5m long x 3.6m wide) but please note this space has a wheelchair ramp at one end.
Outdoor Beer Garden
- Casual beer garden ideal for outdoor functions (fits up to 150 standing),
- Perfect option for functions seeking a ‘garden party’ feel,
- Two bowling greens,
- Charles Lloyd Green – kept to competition standards,
- Allan Low Green – ideal for barefoot bowls.
- Hire a whole green or a rink,
- Coloured bowls, jacks and mats included,
- Available Wednesday to Sunday,
- Unfortunately children under 7 years of age cannot bowl and are not to run around unsupervised on the green OR in the sand edges of the green.
Function Catering Options
Our full service kitchen can offer a number of food options for your guests to match the exact needs of the style of your function. There is an expanded selection of platters, BBQ style packages (including bowls options), alternate drop menus (for seated functions) & general per head packages. All dietary requirements can be met and we can tailor a package for you if required to ensure your guests receive the best experience possible.
Everyone is welcome at Club Greenslopes. You do not need to be a member, or even a guest of a member to enter our club or to book a function. You can choose to become a social member to access extra member benefits such as drink and food discounts on every purchase, however this is optional.
I’ve been meaning to get back to you to thank you for Saturday night. We had a lovely night. A big thanks to the staff at the bowls club – they were very helpful. The food was very good. And the bar tab worked really well. I really appreciated all the assistance you guys gave us. We had a really good night and that was largely thanks to the venue.
Anthony, January 2016
More Customer Feedback
OMG WHAT AN AMAZING NIGHT!!! Thank you soooo much for everything. It was a huge success. Say thank you to Chef I’ve had great feed back about the food especially the steak. I really appreciate the support of the Greenslopes Bowls Club so much. Thank you again for an awesome night.
Vicki, Beyond Blue Fundraiser